Saturday, September 3, 2011

Self-Stitched September Day Two

I wore my wearable test garment today as I worked in my home office , but I put on something else when I went to the office. The jacket I made is fine, but the white linen skirt I wore with it (which is really the only thing I have that the jacket goes with) is amazingly unflattering. It's cut on the bias, and the upper front part of the skirt has stretched and bags down under my stomach.



Part of the problem is that the skirt is too loose in the waist, so the waist band sits an inch or so below my actual waistline. I think I may be able to fix the problem by opening the waistband and inserting elastic. I don't have a lot to loose, since I would not want to wear the skirt in public as it is now. At the very worst, I'll end up with another skirt to wear while working in the garden. Being linen, it breathes well, and being white it reflects sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment