Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Navy Blue Skirt

Yet another Vogue 8606 skirt. This time I used navy blue woolen fabric. The fabric was rather loosely woven and thin. I knew it wouldn't hold up well at all unless I underlined it. I used a lightweight silk twill for the underlining and Bemberg rayon for the lining. It turned out a lot better than I'd feared, given the relatively low quality of the woolen fabric. I think it may even hold up pretty well.

So here's another conservative and not very exciting, but needed-for-work outfit (with my dog Rufus in the background). I did, in fact, wear this very outfit to work today.


Here are the underlining (I used the underlining for the facing of the yoke) and lining.


I like the skirt so much I'm going to make at least one more.

1 comment:

  1. Very smart and beautifully made. I can see why you like it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete